Monday 20 August 2012

A Proper Summer's Day


A few weekends ago something strange happened. The sun put his hat on and he seriously came out to play. I'm sure it was one of the warmest days we've had this year and it came in perfect time for the Gloucester Food Festival.


The lure of food is enough to make me leave the house whatever the weather but this day had it all going on. The minute I spotted The Wandering Teapot tea room with its higgeldy-piggeldy tables, mis-matched vintage china, colourful posies and cream teas, I knew I'd found what I was looking for.


Lovely ladies dressed up in war-time chic delivered ready sandwiched scones squashing out cream and jam along with pots of tea and a smile.


Once I'd licked the plate clean we had a bit of a wander around the various food stalls, bought some huge hunks of fudge and soaked up the sunshine. It didn't take long for James to announce that it was time for jerk chicken.


 So that's what happened. I think he liked it, don't you?

3 comments:

  1. Well done darling - all looks very scrummy and sunny - and Gloucester looks good! Love you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post !

    Like your pictures and I love scones !! ;)

    You look amazing
    If you have the time you are always welcome on my blog :)

    I just wanted to let you know I’ll be following you around from now
    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hannah! The blue skies, how I have missed seeing clear blue skies. I feel so robbed of summer this year! So grim up north xxx

    ReplyDelete