Thursday 25 October 2012

90s Grunge


When the 90s grunge trend reared it's head at the end of the summer, for some reason I found myself really attracted to it. Perhaps it's the nostalgia of growing up in the 90s or, more than likely, I liked the laidback kind of thrown togetherness of it.


Like all fashion, my personal take on 90s grunge has evolved from Nirvana t-shirts and ripped jeans but I think the basic idea is still the same.


These three looks I styled without really trying to adhere to the grunge rules but they all came out with that sort of look. The camo jacket, acid wash shorts, studs, denim and retro Nike trainers are all throwbacks to the 90s, I just chose not to incorporate the terrible hair.

First Outfit
Camo Jacket - Pull & Bear
Grey Hoody - Primark Men's
Pinstripe Denim Shorts - New Look
Washed out Sweater - H&M
Nike Hi-tops

Second Outfit
Stonewash Denim Shirt - Primark
Flower Top - H&M
Cut off Denim Shorts - Primark DIY
Nike Hi-tops

Third Outfit
Purple Hoody - Primark Men's
Frankie Says Relax Vest - Ebay
Acid Wash Shorts - Primark
Studded Bag - H&M
Converse Lookalikes - New Look

2 comments:

  1. Love your different looks darling - you are SO clever! Terrible hair in the 90's I thought that was the 70's or 80's?????

    Love you loads xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag!x

    www.styleflaw.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete