Thursday 6 June 2013

How I Style: Pastels







I'm going to go out there and say, I'm not much of a pastels person. It's not that I don't like them (mint green 4eva), I just don't naturally gravitate towards more than one pastel piece at a time. The thing is, pastels go together like strawberries and cream. Pastels are meant to be together. Pastels are the Romeo and Juliet of colour combinations.

I was inspired by Rihanna's style here (I probably shouldn't link to that, my legs will never forgive me) and I wanted to create a similar look from what I already had in my wardrobe but in a more casual way.

I think the lip colour and statement necklace is what makes this look work. I shy away from pastel overload normally because pale colours aren't as flattering. While these pale wash jeans are hardly the most flattering I own, I reckon I can just about get away with it and I surprised myself with how much I like this simple outfit.

Have you stepped out of your fashion comfort zone recently?

Cream Jumper - Internacionale
Stonewash Jeans - Primark
Converse
Studded Clutch Bag - Primark
Gold Boyfriend Watch - ASOS
Aztec Necklace - H&M
Pink Lipstick - Touch of Magic by Barry M

2 comments:

  1. Darling you look beautiful - again! Love you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are amazing! Love them! Loved your blog and will come back for sure!

    Oh, I just started following you by the way, on GFC and Bloglovin! Hope you come by my blog! Would love to know what you think about it, and maybe follow me back if you like it?

    These are my links hun <3:
    Instant Milk link
    Facebook page link
    Bloglovin link

    Hope you come by soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete