Tuesday 25 June 2013

Land Girl






Sometimes I like to go all out vintage, just for the hell of it. I'm not particularly fussed on being a die-hard vintage fashion girl but sometimes, it's nice to keep everything in your look retro.

This is one of those such very looks, it's what I call 'land girl' although I'm not entirely sure if jeans had hit the big time in the '40's (after a quick Wikipedia, it turns out jeans became popular in the 1950's. Fun fact.) Vintage looks usually come about when my hair needs washing, i.e. I twizzle it up into some kind of up-do like this and then build my outfit around it. Red lipstick just cements the war-time chic look.

I found the shirt in a charity shop and on adding it to my wardrobe I noticed I have a thing for blue shirts. Actually blue through to light blue to white... must try harder on the coloured shirt front.

Floral Shirt - Thrifted
High Waist Jeans - Joni Jeans at Topshop
Buckle Oxfords - Office
Flower Necklace - Accessorize
Satchel - Glastonbury
Sunglasses - Primark
Red Lipstick - Stiletto by Sleek

No comments:

Post a Comment