Tuesday 16 July 2013

Disco Pants & Denim







I'm a pair of legwarmers and a Spandau Ballet record away from actually being in the '80s here. It's not a fashion era I ever thought I'd be into but apparently I'm all over the bomber jackets and acid wash denim.

I feel like I should address the socks. Now I know socks showing from under trousers is the ultimate in cool... if you're a geography teacher that is but every time I look at these leopard print babies I feel like they need more show time. I have to admit, the sock thing does remind me of a Sex & the City Carrie Bradshaw moment where she's wearing knee high plaid socks with a flat cap... but hey, I felt like it on the day and I went with it. That's what fashion is all about, right?

I also feel the need to admit that I did not wear this outfit on one of our recent heatwave days. I'm not an idiot, I've seen the Friends episode with Ross' leather pants and I get the distinct feeling, American Apparel disco pants will work in the exact same way.

Bomber Jacket - Primark
Acid Wash Sleeveless Shirt - Primark
Disco Pants - American Apparel
Leopard Print Socks - New Look
Burgundy Pumps - New Look
Gold Boyfriend Watch - ASOS
Gold Necklace - H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment