Wednesday 4 September 2013

Fishtail Plait







They say black and brown should never go together. Well as you can see, I'm a maverick.

I kind of look at this outfit and think, 'Yeah, looking a bit French farm girl from the war.' I actually have no idea if this is accurate, it probably isn't.

I got this dress from ASOS in the sale ages ago for £15. I love it, love the back detail, love the length, love the material - it was quite simply, a magical buy. It's so easy to wear anytime and can be dressed up or down. Dress versatility is extremely important to me, trust me, you won't find me buying party dresses that can't also be worn in the day. The ONLY thing I haven't figured out is wearing it with tights but I can assure you, I'm working on it.

Fishtail braids are something I lean towards when my hair is bordering needing a wash. They're so easy but are just that little bit more special than your average Joe plait. Normal plaits can do one.

Midi Dress - ASOS
Wayfarer Sunglasses - Primark
Leather Satchel - Glastonbury Stall
Sandals -Primark
Watch - ASOS
Owl Necklace - Topshop
Lipstick - Stiletto by Sleek

P.S. Sometimes I get a bit snap happy when doing outfit posts, maybe I'll start posting them instead of leaving them to die on my laptop...


8 comments:

  1. gorgeous look! love your style!

    would you like to follow each other? :)

    www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, the dress is lovely and such a bargain for ASOS(gotta love their sale!) I wish my fishtail plaits looked as neat as yours xx

    Oh So Bridie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish mine was a bit thicker and messier, damn my fine hair! That reminds me, I fancy a bit of an ASOS spree :)

      Delete
  3. The detailing on the back of that dress is so pretty! Your hair looks lovely like that! xxx

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is so gorgeous! you look amazing missy! xxx

    ReplyDelete