Wednesday 16 October 2013

Styling Nike Free Run Trainers






 I should probably say, before any serious runners see this and think I have been buying proper trainers for the sake of fashion, I did not buy these shoes expecting them to appear on my blog. I bought them for the gym (and a little bit because my feet hurt while walking around New York) and it just so happens they're so comfy and kind of awesome, I felt the need to shoehorn (pun intended) them into my day-to-day wardrobe. I love the sort of shark blue-grey colour contrasted with the yellow, they're SO comfortable and if there was a zombie apocalypse, I'm safe in the knowledge that my shoes won't let me down.

I may have said it before but I have a bit of a thing for wacky, unexpected colour combination trainers. If I ever won Euromillions I would probably end up with a room full of them but I try to keep my addiction under control as best I can.

I think if you do want to style proper trainer-y trainers into your usual wardrobe, they have to be paired with the very opposite style of clothes. My whole outfit is pretty casual until I added the blazer which tips the balance back from lazy outfit into 'fashion'.

Or at least I think so.

The white nails, chain necklace and purple lipstick stop this look from being a bit weird and boring and give it a bit more 'edge'.

Grey Blazer - Primark
'E' T-shirt - Entirety Clothing
Skinny Jeans - Primark
Nike Free Run Trainers - NikeTown
Chain Necklace - River Island
Purple Lipstick - Inhibition by Topshop
White Nails - Barry M

4 comments:

  1. I really like how you've styled these - wouldn't have expected trainers and a blazer to look so good together!
    www.kathjam,blogspot.com
    KJ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the unexpected combinations that are the best!

      Delete
  2. I love how you have styled these Nike trainers. They have become such a fashion accessory x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hannah, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my latest blog post for more info if you like :) have a lovely evening!

    Oh So Bridie | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle
    xo

    ReplyDelete